Merlin Legend HotLine
Merlin Legend HotLine
- Inspected ext 626, not assigned as a HotLine; dialed ext 500 from that line and it rings
- Followed the directions to program x626 to set up a Personal Speed Dial by dialing: #01*21500##
When I enter the above, dial tone is not broken until I enter '2', then I get the error tone
- I tried to dial the speed dial number from the extension - nothing happens
- I then programmed x626 as a HotLine; then when off hook on x626, expecting x500 to ring, nothing happened.
- I checked restrictions for both and it's shows no restriction; no lines are assigned to either extension.
- I picked two other extensions on a different T&R board and repeated the above and got the same results.
Also, I read where you can set up Personal Speed Dial in Centralized Programming. I couldn't find it, when I tried to program, it kept asking me to select a button.
Any help on the step I'm missing is appreciated!
Copied from the Manual:
System Speed Dial
Personal Speed Dial
# + Personal Speed Dial code (01–24) + *21 + dial-out code
+ tel. no. + ##
HotLine Feature 0
The Release 5.0 HotLine feature is designed for retail sales, catalogue sales, and
other types of businesses and organizations, and is available in all three modes of
system operation. It allows a system manager to program a single-line telephone
extension connected to an 008 OPT, 012, or 016 module as a HotLine. When a
user lifts the handset at the HotLine extension, the telephone automatically dials
the inside extension or outside telephone number programmed as the first
Personal Speed Dial number (code #01) for the extension. The system does not
permit calls to be transferred, put on hold, or conferenced. (A user can press the
telephone’s Hold button, if it has one, to put a call on local hold, but the call cannot
be redirected in any way. Switchhook flashes are ignored.)
Personal Speed Dial codes can be programmed from the extension prior to
HotLine assignment (a system programming function). Alternatively, a Personal
Speed Dial code can be programmed from the single-line telephone after HotLine
operation is assigned. However, because of security considerations, this is a one-time opportunity. Once the Personal Speed Dial number is programmed, any
changes to it or any other extension programming must be performed using
centralized telephone programming