ERROR 721 VPN
ERROR 721 VPN
Right I have a VPN server that I connect XP clients to.
I cannot for the life of me get past error 721. I had this on another laptop... so i rebuilt it and it connected ok.
I have just formatted this win2k machine and installed winXP and the VPN fails to get connected again
( error 721 )
My Ip Address is the same as it was before and I have no idea what is causing this.
I have had this a couple of times before and a rebuild seemed to solve the problem.
I cannot rebuild this machine.
Please bear in mind that it is not the router / firewall or anything like that. I have other XP machines here that connect with no problem.
The network cable and setup never left my machine during the re installation and all the setting are the same as before.
Please does anyone have a fix for this. I have gone through about 100 google news groups and there is no definative fix available.
I have however done this
1. Click "Start", and then click "Run".
2. In the "Open" box, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks)
and then press ENTER.
3. In Registry Editor, locate the following subkey in the registry:
-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\000x , where 000x represents the network
interface used to establish the VPN connection.
4. On the "Edit" menu, point to "New" and then click "DWORD Value".
5. Type "ValidateAddress" (without the quotation marks), and then
6. Quit Registry Editor.
7. Restart your computer
PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ??
Jonno BrainDump Specialist
MCSE(NT) MCSA(2k) CCNA