I just got back from Directions - Macola's annual Dealer's conference - and they have unveiled the latest product - Macola ES, to the Macola dealer network.
Some of the enhancements include:
*Items Numbers are now 30 digits,, up from 15
* Customer, Vendor and Job Numbers are now 20 digits, up from 12
* Ability to attach an unlimited number of contacts to each vendor or customer.
* Ability to attach an unlimited number of documents to a customer, vendor, item or transaction. This includes JPGs, MPGs, CAD Drawings, you name it.
* An excel add in that allows quick querying of data without having to leave excel. This tool is sure to take a bite out of the work that is currently being done by Crystal Reports.
* Much simpler reports, that lack the "busy" look that has plagues Macola's canned reports in the past. All reports are now either Crytal or excel, and any report or inquiry's results can be exported to excel.
* a user customizable excel look and feel grid on all data entry screens. This allows the user to place the infomation he/she is interested in on the input screens, not just the ones Macola thinks should be there.
* Full Email, Website and Telephony functionality by clicking on the appropriate icon. This is what Mas90 has had for 3+ years.
* MUCH, MUCH, MUCH faster performance, MS SQL is the engine, say goodbye to Pervasive and btrieve forever.
All in all, while I had a few gripes, I am very happy with what they have come up with. Some of the screens and reports have a bit of "Eurocentric" verbage in them, but with Exact buying Macola last February I expected that.
The product is in controlled release right now. Give this three months to get it legs and I believe you will have a great product.
The best news is that the software is free to any Macola 7.5x user that is current on their annual maintenance. This is not a paid upgrade like the 6x to 7.5x upgrade was.
If anyone has any questions, please email me.
Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine