Allstream SIP PRI
Allstream SIP PRI
PRI- Dedicated T1 Circuit > a Pair Gain > PBX (DTI/PRI Card)
SIP- Internet > ATA > PBX Trunk ports or Internet > PBX with SIP parameters
Allstream sends our client this PDF info below and I am very curious as to what hardware they plan on installing for this so called SIP PRI, if anyone knows.
Special SIP ATA out via RJ45 to DTI card?
For the record it's Nortel/Avaya BCM50 R6 (that handles SIP programming) with a DTI card.
Save costs by integrating your voice and data network
Allstream's SIP PRI provides you with quality, reliable voice services. SIP PRI consolidates your voice and
data, securely into a single advanced IP network, reducing the complexity and frustration of managing
multiple connections. By enabling you to continue using your existing phone system, Allstream makes it
easy for you to cut communication costs without sacrificing voice quality. Our North American coverage
supports your distributed offices and enables effortless expansion into new markets.
SIP PRI allows traditional PBX systems to connect to the public phone network over an Internet service.
• Retain your existing phone system: No need to purchase a new Private Branch Exchange (PBX).
No expensive replacement of telephone sets or re-wiring required.
• Business Continuity: You can automatically reroute your numbers to a secondary location in case of site
failure, ensuring uninterrupted communications.
• Expanded Presence: Move into new markets without expensive equipment costs and use local numbers.
• No upgrades required: No equipment, software or license upgrades needed. No equipment to buy.
Allstream supplies the gateway device for your premise.
• Overall cost savings by eliminating separate networks for voice and internet.
I will probably steer them away from Allstream and just go with a SIP provider whom knows terminology.