To minimize downtime as much as possible. This is what I had in mind and would appreciate any input.
1.Setup new switch with hsrp and vss.
2.Ensure root bridge is still the old 6509, and using rspt.
3. Connect switches together
4. Remove old switch, should fail over to new switch
5.Upgrade old switch
6. Turn off hsrp on new switch
7.Turn off hsrp on old switch
8. Enable vss on second switch
9. Connect old switch back in
Any advise or comments or pitfalls I need to watch out for?
Thanks in advance.