×
INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS

Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Inventory Class Modification

Inventory Class Modification

Inventory Class Modification

(OP)
We are looking to add additional inventory classes beyond the standard ABC in the Item Location.  I spoke with Macola support and they stated that the ABC analysis and Cycle Count features will stop working.  This isn't an issue for us because we don't use those functions.  Has anyone else done this and are their any other consequences?

RE: Inventory Class Modification

The cycle count features will not stop working, you will simply not be able to use the ABC codes as a selection criteria for a cycle count selection.

Likewise, te ABC analysis will still run, and will infact change the ABC code (aka inv_class) back to either A, B or C.

I have not tested this, but I am about 98% sure this will pose no problems.  To ytake care of the other 2%, change 2 parts to an inv_class of Z with a SQL script.  Create a cycle count tag for one of the, then coun it and post the tags.  For the other run the ABC analysis report and see if it resets the other part's ABC code.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports.  Check out our Macola tools:
www.gainfocus.biz/exceladdin.html

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Tek-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Tek-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Tek-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Tek-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login


Close Box

Join Tek-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close