×
INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!
  • Students Click Here

*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Jobs

PBX is not passing callerID info to VoIP 3640 Voice Gateway.

PBX is not passing callerID info to VoIP 3640 Voice Gateway.

PBX is not passing callerID info to VoIP 3640 Voice Gateway.

(OP)
Hey,
I have a Definity G3/Si v.6 for use with a Cisco Router for Voice over IP solution.  The card that I am using in the PBX is a TN767 (DS1 Interface). The Cisco router is a 3660 with a Digital T1 Voice network module.

Ok, it's all setup and working ....almost everything works fine.  The problem is I can't seem to get the PBX to pass the gateway (3640) the calling party number correctly.  Basically, When I place a call from my PBX phone to my VoIP phone... The display name does show up correctly on the VoIP phone I'm dialing....but 99% of the time i get (9) as the number that shows up for caller ID.  The other 1% of the time I get some random number like (668),(3019832380), or (2026289775)... why isn't this working.

I'm thinking its pulling the (9) from the dial-peer setup on the 3640.  The caller ID DOES work the other way. I need help zeroing in on this issue. I need to figure out what the correct configuration would be to pass the "calling party" number\extension down the PRI to the voice gateway.  I'm NOT a PBX guy, I do know the Cisco stuff really well and everything seems to indicate that somethings not quite right with the PBX.  Any help is much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.  

Cold

RE: PBX is not passing callerID info to VoIP 3640 Voice Gateway.

On the lucent PBX you  must set the trunk-group page 2 to send the calling number. Send calling number must be set to yes. Then go to "ch Isnd pub" This is a filter you must set so that it passes the calling number info. to the receiving switch. If your your extension are set to 4-numbers and start as 2000 to 2100 and you are using a 7-digit format to call out then this page,ch Isnd pub, should be configured for 4 digit ext, code 2 and length 7.
Then check that your stations aren't set to send calling number so they don't override the trunk configuration.
Hope this Helps.
AntBan  

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Tek-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Tek-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Tek-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Tek-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login

Close Box

Join Tek-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close