Contact US

Log In

Come Join Us!

Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips Forums!
  • Talk With Other Members
  • Be Notified Of Responses
    To Your Posts
  • Keyword Search
  • One-Click Access To Your
    Favorite Forums
  • Automated Signatures
    On Your Posts
  • Best Of All, It's Free!

*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.

Posting Guidelines

Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.

Students Click Here

Distressing a graphic

Distressing a graphic

Distressing a graphic

I'm a screen printer & I need help distressing a graphic making it look old and flaking off.  Abercrombie and Old Navy uses this effect a lot.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.


RE: Distressing a graphic

One easy way to do it is to layout your text/graphic and select the eraser tool, using a dappled brush tip and selectively erase some of the text/graphic. To increase the effect you could use a dappled brush to paint over the graphic in a "faded" color of the original. Use a gaussian blur to diminish the newness of the art.

Hope this helps.

Jann Mirchandani

RE: Distressing a graphic

Thank You.

Red Flag This Post

Please let us know here why this post is inappropriate. Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework.

Red Flag Submitted

Thank you for helping keep Tek-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.
The Tek-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.

Reply To This Thread

Posting in the Tek-Tips forums is a member-only feature.

Click Here to join Tek-Tips and talk with other members! Already a Member? Login

Close Box

Join Tek-Tips® Today!

Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.

Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:

Register now while it's still free!

Already a member? Close this window and log in.

Join Us             Close