The following is directions to counter this issue. Especially with the newer
First major point though for all wireless handsets is. Battery , Battery, Battery.
make sure it has a new fully charged battery for best operational use.
Instructions to follow:
T7406E Test Procedure
• Identify Battery in kit, test to see if good or not with designated battery tester. 3.6v.
• Set base dip switches to 1 down, 2 down, 3 up for normal registration.
• Plug in phone line cord from NORSTAR unit i.e. BCM, MICS, etc.
• (Do not plug in power cord yet, but have it ready to do so for later on instructions)
• Place good, charged battery in hand set, wait for initialization.
• Push FUNC button on left side of phone, below volume buttons.
• Toggle UP (top left button on button pad) to Maintenance
• Push SELECT (center top button on button pad) for Maintenance
• Enter PSW password 000000 (6 zero’s)
• Push SELECT
• Hand set will acknowledge with an OK!
• Assign Port ID Push SELECT (i.e. #1 if KSU digital port is wired to port 1 on base unit)
• Push SELECT (OK!)
• Toggle down button to REGISTRATION (top left button on button pad)
• PUSH SELECT.
• Push up for YES, then push select.
• Locate handset near base, plug power cord into base and await Handset to register with base.
• Once Handset registers with base, you should be able to make and receive calls.
• Place call to handset using a regular base phone also hooked up to patch with MICS, BCM. Etc.
• Handset should receive phone call with Incoming Ring Tone and designation of number calling.
• Use Handset to place out going call to base phone.
• After placing calls, wait for handset to go into sleep mode.
• Once handset is in sleep mode, pick up and hit feature key. This should bring it out of sleep mode, and allow handset to make phone calls.
• (If Handset comes out of sleep mode, go back to Step C, and repeat three times even though it works)
• If handset still does not come out of sleep mode, refer to top of instruction concerning DIP Switch settings, except this time change to: 1 down, 2 down, 3 up.
• Repeat Step A to C