This MAY appear more complicated than it really is...
1) Make sure your webcontrol/Administrator password is secure!
2) Forward TCP port 22 in your router to the private IP of the UC Module/Applications Server
3) Connect to the voicemail system via SSH with PuTTY, login as Administrator
4) Switch modes: type "admin", password "Administrator"
5) Switch to root: type "root", password (root password you setup from webcontrol)
6) Modify ssh: "nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config" and change tcpforwarding to yes (it's neat the bottom of the file), press Ctl-X to save & exit.
7) Restart ssh: "service sshd restart"
8) Add another user: "useradd newuser"
9) Add a password for the new user: "passwd newuser"
10) Type "exit" then press enter, do this 3 times
11) Add tunnel settings in PuTTY: 50791 & 50804 (you may want to do the same for 50802, 50805, 50808, 50812, & 50813)
Source port "50804"
Destination: "192.168.XXX.XXX:50804" (substitute 192.168.XXX.XXX with the actual internal ip of your IPO)
Source port "50791"
Destination: "192.168.XXX.XXX:50804" (substitute 192.168.XXX.XXX with the actual internal ip of your Voicemail Pro)
You can do the same with ports 7070 and 8080 to have access to Webcontrol and OneX Portal through a web browswer. This method will not work for Monitor and System Status because they are UDP, not TCP.
*SAVE YOUR PuTTY CONFIG*
12) Connect via PuTTY with new user account
13) Chage to root: "su -" enter the root password when prompted
14) *This step may not be required* Restart the firewall: "service iptables restart"; I'm not sure why we have to do this
15) Login with manager to 127.0.0.1
16) Change hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts) in Windows by running Notepad as an Administrator, add "127.0.0.1 putty.localhost"