I searched the error 0x80200013 and found nothing on the Internet to help me. Although I created the problem with my Exchange 2007 setup, I think that others may experience the same issue I have. So I wrote the following FAQ.
I have a new Exchange 2007 environment with mixed Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 clients. My Outlook 2003 clients downloaded the Offline Address Book (OAB) successfully but I would get Sync errors when the Outlook 2007 clients tried to download the OAB. Keep in mind that Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 download thier OABs from different places.
OAB Download Locations
Outlook 2003 - Public Folders Outlook 2007 - The Outlook Web Access (OWA) website
How to check where Outlook 2007 is trying to download the OAB 1) Hold down the CTRL key and right click the System Tray Outlook Icon. 2) Select Test E-mail AutoConfiguration. 3) Uncheck Use Guessmart and Secure Guessmart Authentication 4) Enter your Principle name (usually your e-mail address) and your password 5) Check the OAB URL
and download the xml file. If you cannot, there is a problem that needs to be troubleshot.
Resolution: When I would go to the oab.xml URL, I would get automatically transferred to the OWA login. It took a few minutes to realize that I had setup an auto redirect website so that if anyone hit the non-SSL website (port 80 - i.e. http://mail.domain.com instead of https://mail.domain.com) that they would be automatically redirected to the SSL website. This auto-redirect was the cause of my Outlook 2007 clients not downloading thier OABs. I had to make some changes in Exchange so that Outlook 2007 clients went to the SSL website to download thier OAB instead of the non-SSL site.
How to change the OAB download location in Exchange 2007 Run the following command in powershell on your Exchange 2007 server.
get-oabvirtualdirectory | fl
You will get a bunch of output. Here is what you need to be interested in. Name : OAB (Default Web Site) RequireSSL : False InternalUrl : http://mail.domain.com/OAB ExternalUrl : http://mail.domain.com/OAB
If the RequireSSL is False and both URLs are set to HTTP (as opposed to HTTPS) they should be changed. Use the following commands to change them (NOTE: The value of the Name is needed and may be different in your environment). set-oabvirtualdirectory -identity "OAB (Default Web Site)" -InternalUrl "https://mail.domain.com/OAB"
set-oabvirtualdirectory -identity "OAB (Default Web Site)" -ExternalUrl "https://mail.domain.com/OAB"
set-oabvirtualdirectory -identity "OAB (Default Web Site)" -RequireSSL $true