Ran into a big issue installing BCMS VU Client in a VoIP application (IP stations) and wanted to pass along the resolution we've found. We have 2 VLANs established, 1 for voice and 1 for data. All of the voice gear and IP stations reside on the voice VLAN (helps prevent broadcasts and DoS attacks). We established routes between the two subnets to allow specific IP communication between the two for things such as BCMS VU Client to the BCMS Server. However VU client still wouldn't work. VU client works on the server naming convention not the IP address of the BCMS Server. As per the BCMS documentation we added the name of the BCMS server with its associated IP address in WINS of the VU Client PC. Then when we tried to load VU Client and it would lock up the BCMS Server. We found that Windows firewall (on the VU Client PC) is updated when VU Client is installed to allow bidirectional communication (an exception) with the BCMS Server BUT only on the subnet the PC resides on. You have to change the windows firewall settings to allow it (we made ours from any host). It took a long time to figure all of this out but it works like a champ now.