IMPORTANT- Have a backup in the event you must return
1. Note: There was some down time involved & recommend to end-users to unselect the æremember passwordÆ on those screens so you can change logins when the system is rebuilt (if applicable).
2. a. On the Messaging Application Server (MAS), change the number of digits in a mailbox from x to x Start/Programs/Avaya Modular Messaging/Voice Mail System Configuration Double-click on the Telephone User Interface Icon On the General Tab, go the ôNumber of Digits in Mailboxö field and make the change. Modular Messaging (MM) responds ôAll mail boxes will be invalidated, do you want to continue?ö
2. b. PBX changes (if applicable) refer to respective Configuration Note
3. Change the mailbox number range(s) on the Message Storage Server (MSS) & digit length Global Administration- Networked Machine Management-Edit Networked Machine
4. a. On the MSS, change the following mailbox & extension numbers in the respective order listed: Global Administration- Subscriber Management- Manage -Postmaster -Fax Postmaster -ELA Shadow Mailbox -Email address field û change mailbox number -Broadcast Mailbox -All Subscriber Mailboxes -Secondary Extension field -Back-up Operator field -PDL û will it be auto updated or does end user need to modify their list? -All ELA Mailbox Lists
4. b. On the Messaging Application Server (MAS) -PBX origin number (if applicable) - Start- Programs- AVM- VMSC- PBX- ôOut going Callö tab -Default/After-hours Receptionist (if applicable) - Start- Programs- AVM- VMSC- Telephone User Interface -Fax Mailbox- Start- Programs- AVM- VMSC- -Caller applications & respective associations (if applicable and/or where necessary) -Stop and Start Messaging Application for changes to take effect
5. Run a manual nightly and weekly audit on the MSS (this will ôclean-upö the LDAP database) Utilities- Audits- (Mail box, Mailing List, Recorded Names, Subscriber Data Audit)
6. Resynchronize the Message-Waiting Indicator (MWI) State and Front End Database (FEDB) databases on the MAS Must be accomplished by Modular Messaging (MM) Trunk Access Code (TAC) & must contact when finished
7. Test -Dial Voice Mail (VM) system from a phone with Voice Mail & insure you hear prompt to enter password -Log into mailbox and press 2 to send a message (local mailbox, ELA, PDL) -Dial an extension (with a MM mailbox) that covers to MM and insure personal greeting plays -Leave a message an insure MWI is turned on -Log into mailbox, listen and delete message and insure MWI is off
8. Update the Message Networking server (if applicable) Should occur after all changes occur on MSS
9. Change the length of digits in log-in for Client Access and Subscriber Options (if applicable)
Existing Mailbox data was successful in migrating to new extension length!