1. If Phone Manager or an earlier suite of IP Office User suite of software is already installed, this must be removed first. This is done via Control Panel > IP Office User Suite > Change/Remove > Remove
2. If the current IP Office User suite is installed but without the Phone Manager component, continue with this process.
3. Insert the IP Office User Applications CD. The CD should auto-start the InstallShield Wizard. If you do NOT have the User CD, you can download your proper "User" CD from this website (you will need to download, then unzip, then run the setup.exe file to reach Step 4 below.) Please contact your support representative if you have problems with this step.
4. Click Next> when "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for IP Office User Suite" appears. A menu will then appear that should search for, then find, your installed IP Office Phone system (the system name and it's IP address will appear).
5. Select the IP Office system on which the user is based. Click Next >. ò The Manual Setup option is used when installing the suite onto a PC that is not currently connected to the same LAN as the IP Office.
6. "Select User Name" will appear.
7. Click the "down arrow" by User Name and select the appropriate user from the list.
8. Enter the user's password if one has been set in the IP Office configuration. Usually not needed!!
9. Click Next>
10. Leave the "Choose Destination Location" at default unless absolutely necessary.
11. Click Next >
12. The menu that appears allows you to select which components of the IP Office User suite to install. ò Tick Phone Manager and any other components required. ò Warning: Unticking a component that is already installed will cause it to be removed. Only untick a component if it is not required.
13. Click Next > there is a brief pause during this step, please wait for next screen
14. "Edit Data" screen appears. This option is only used by hot desking users who log on and off during the course of their work. ò For all other users do not enter a value, ie. those users who do not log on/off and who normally work from the same physical extension. ò For hot desking and call center agents, enter the extension number of the physical extension at which they normally log on - this may differ from their own extension number when logged on. Doing this will cause Phone Manager to reconfirm the extension at which the user is logging on whenever they restart Phone Manager and log them off when they close Phone Manager.
15. Click Next >
16. Leave the program folder at its default unless absolutely necessary.
17. Click Next >. The process of installing the files for the selected IP Office User suite components will begin.
18. When installation is complete the following screen is displayed. Click Finish.
19. If TAPI was installed you may be asked to reboot the user PC. (this warning normally appears half-way through the file installation process.