2. Type 'status clan-p xxxxx17' (C-LAN board location).
3. Look for source IP address (the address you will ftp to). Write it down on line above.
4. Type ælist directory board xxxxx' (board location).
5. It should be empty. If not, type 'remove file board xxxxx filename'.
6. Type 'enable filesystem board xxxxx(board location) login username password' (you choose user name and password).
7. If you get 'Source board has filesystem running', someone else has already enabled ftp on the board.
8. If so, 'disable filesystem board xxxxx' (no need to have previous user/password) and then go back to Step 6 and enable it.
9. Now go to a PC that is connected to the same LAN as the C-LAN board and download the C-LAN firmware to a new set of folders in My Documents. Make a 'Firmware' folder, and then in that folder make a 'TN799' folder. Download the new firmware to the TN799 folder. Write file name on above line.
10. Open a DOS window and ping the C-LAN address (ip address from top of form), 'ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'
11. If that is successful, then change directory in DOS to the folder where your C-LAN firmware was downloaded to on that PC. Type æcd My Documents\Firmware\TN799Æ in the DOS window.
12. Type in the DOS window, 'ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' (C-LAN ip) and enter the username and password you created when prompted.
13. VERY IMPORTANT STEP!You must set the FTP transfer to binary! Type 'bin' in the DOS window.
14. In the DOS window, type 'put filename' (use real filename of C-LAN firmware from top of form).
15. When complete, type 'quit' to quit the ftp client in DOS. Then type 'exit' in the DOS window to close it.
16. Now in the PBX, type 'list directory board xxxxx'. It should now show the file you uploaded to it. If the file size is 1Kb, remove the file as in Step 5 and then ftp the file again and double check to make sure you used the command 'bin' in the DOS window after you log back into the C-LAN board from Steps 12 and 13.
17. Type 'change firmware download' and fill out source board location (C-LAN board location you uploaded the firmware file to), firmware image file name from the top of this form, target board code and suffix (TN799 and DP), set schedule download to 'n', set remove image file to 'y', and put the target location of your C-LAN. Remember: C-LANs and VAL boards have to be the target and source. You cannot do broadcast firmware upgrades to multiple C-LANs or VALs. Source and target of the one board only. Other boards such as TN464GPs and firmware upgradable 24 port station boards can be multi-broadcast to. Each board will take 5-7 minutes per board to program and reset. Press 'return' or 'enter' to start firmware upgrade immediately. Board will be taken out of service during this time.
18. Type 'status firmware download' to see firmware upgrade status: (P)ending, (C)omplete, (F)ailed, or (A)borted.
19. If board firmware upgrade is successful with a (C)omplete shown in 'status firmware download' or 'status firmware download last' to the target location, type 'list directory board xxxxx' to check if the file was removed and 'remove file board xxxxx filename' to remove the file if necessary or if 'n' was checked on Remove Image File in Step 17. Then type 'disable filesystem board xxxxx' to turn off the ftp server on the C-LAN. If it Aborts, your first step should be to reseat the board and try the firmware download again.
20. The board will be taken out of service during the firmware upgrade and a 'no board' condition will exist for a very short time. After a completed firmware upgrade type 'display errorsÆ and type '23' in Error Type to show what boards, if any, were taken out of service. Aux data of 0 indicates system removal and Aux data of 1 indicates physical removal.