4. Follow directions on screen to make partitions as necessary. First type ædÆ to delete partition æaÆ and æbÆ, then type æaÆ to re-create partitions æaÆ for mounting and æbÆ for swapping. Mount \ on 'a'. Alternately, create different partitions and mount each of /usr, /etc, /var ... on each partition. Should leave about 512MB of space for swapping (1048576 sectors).
5. When asked, choose æyÆ to configure network interface.
a) If machine is to use DHCP configuration, type ædhcpÆ when asked for an IP. Machine will automatically search for available IP, Mask, and DNS information. b) If have information for static IP, then type in appropriate information.
6. Type æfÆ to install using ftp method when asked. Choose æyÆ at the next question to get a list of available ftp sites to download source files from. Pick a number (choose 1).
7. After a list of available files from the ftp site is displayed, the files already marked with an æxÆ are required. Choose any additional files if necessary. Pressing ædoneÆ will begin the installation.
8. After files finish downloaded, type ædoneÆ to proceed.
9. Reboot. First time login in use login: root, password as previously created. Password can be changed at anytime later.
10. Create new user, add new packages (only can add packages if logged in as root). Ex:
# adduser Enter username [a-z0-9_-]: <type username> Enter full name : <First Last> Enter shell csh ksh nologin sh [sh]: <press ENTER> Uid : <press ENTER> Login group <same as username> <login group>: <press ENTER> Login group is ô<login group>ö. Invite <username> into other groups: guest no [no]: wheel [group1 group2 à] Enter password : <type password> Enter password again : <type password again>