The following settings will enable the attendant (receptionist) to answer all calls during the day. These calls will ring at this station until answered. At night the attendant will press the NIGHT SVC button and the AA will then answer the lines.
This section instructs you on creating the ringing group, assigning the night service to manual control and assigning which extension will be the control set.
1. Feature * * 266344 2. Password: 266344 3. Terminals & Sets 4. Select NEXT to SERVICES, show, RINGING SERVICES, show RINGING GROUP, show. Enter 001 for the Ringing Group. Press SHOW. At the SHOW SET prompt select SCAN. Extension 221 is, by default, assigned to every ringing group. UNASSIGN it. Then press FIND. At the SHOW SET prompt enter the first station port of the voicemail. Do not assign any other ports, just the first port. This can be found by entering FEATURE 985 which displays the first voicemail port.
5. Go back to RINGING GROUP and NEXT to SCHEDULE: NIGHT and select SHOW.
6. Service should be set to MANUAL (the default is OFF). Then press NEXT to TRUNK ANSWER make sure it is set to YES.
7. Then select HEADING and return to SERVICES and SHOW. Press NEXT to COMMON SETTINGS, press SHOW. At the CONTROL SET prompt, press SHOW. Make sure that the Control Set for each line is set to the extension you want to have the Night Button.
8. Then go to the assigned control extension and press FEATURE * 3, press an available button, dial the night service FEATURE 871 feature code. That is now the night button.
If you want the Auto Attendant to pick up unanswered calls during the day then simply go under Feature 983, Log in. AA û Lines û Set to answer AA or Y. Then Press Table û Rings. Set the rings to however many you desire. Make sure you hit * and go back to Lines for each line so that you can set them to answer AA or Y.