On the PC at that needs Access to connect to Great Plains
1. Create the ODBC connection to the Real Company like so. 2. Open the Access database and close any forms that open automatically. 3. Click the Tables TAB. 4.Right click in the white space, then click Link Tablesà In the ôFiles of typeö drop down (at the bottom) choose ODBC (at the bottom of this list)
The Same data source screen will pop up as above when you created the data source. Choose the name you gave it in the other FAQ.
5. Click the OK button. This will bring up a list of all the tables in that SQL Server database. First click the ôSave Password check box (lower left) or it will ask you to login in everytime you open Access)
6. single click each table you want to use in the Access database. 7. Click OK when you are finished.
8. Next choose the Key Column(s). Then click OK. Note this box will pop up for each table you choose. So repeat the process.
9. Finally you will see the SQL Server tables linked (little black arrow on the left) with a Globe next to that. Also the table names will be dbo_xxxx. 10. If you want to rename the table do it now.