There are various Chart, Worksheet and Workbook Events in Excel 97+, Document Events in Word, Application Events in Outlook (nothing that I can find in Power Point other than UserForms). And UserForms also have events.
There is a skeleton procedure already set up for each event. Here's how to find these Event Procedure Skeletons...
1. alt+F11 - activates the Visual BASIC Editor
2. ctr+R - activates the Project Explorer
3. In the Project Explorer, Open Microsoft Excel Objects
4. Right click the object of choice (Chart, Worksheet or Workbook) and select View Code from the Pop-Up Menu
5. Select the Object DropDown in the upper left-hand corner of the Code Window (F7 activates Code Window) 6. From the Object DropDown, select either Chart, Workbook or Worksheet Object.
7. Select the Procedure DropDown in the upper right-hand corner of the Code Window 8. From the Procedure DropDown, select the Event that you want to control.
9. In the Event Skeleton in the Code Window, enter your code.