It is pretty simple. Follow the instructions below:
Assuming both servers are in the same tree, do the following:
1. Copy all GroupWise directories to the new server. (Domain, Post Office, Software Distribution) Rename the old directories for recovery (backup) purposes and so that the next step will work.
2. Launch NWADMIN and connect to the domain database in its new location. You will probably be prompted to do this when you launch the utility, as it won't be able to find the domain database in its old location (only if you rename, move or delete old directories).
3. Once you're connected to the domain database, in GroupWise View go into the domain (and secondary domains if any), and all post offices' details and change the UNC paths to reflect their new locations. You can do this by just browsing to the new location of the databases. (Also modify any TCP/IP addresses that have changed).
4. Next you need to install the GroupWise agents to that server (assuming you want them running there). Run an agent install from the AGENTS directory under your SoftWare Distribution Directory. Follow the prompts.
5. Next install any gateways you want running on this server.
At this time you should be done. GroupWise should be fully functional. The workstations will never know the difference.