Vie (TechnicalUser) (OP)
29 Jan 04 18:23
OKAY. It seems this trouble is particular to Access 2002 and above? I copies the Microsoft Article into this msg just info-wise. But is there ABSOLUTELY no way to suppress this pesky messagebox? It pops up on Preview and then AGAIN when you go to print. Such a nuisance! - Vie
MS KNOWLEDGE BASE:
CC2002: Warning in Label Wizard When You Use Three-Across Labels
View products that this article applies to.
This article was previously published under Q290282
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
This article applies to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb) and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
When you use the Label Wizard to create a report, you may receive the following warning message if you are using three-across labels:
Some data may not be displayed.
There is not enough horizontal space on the page for the number of columns and column spacing you specified.
Click Page Setup on the File menu, click the Columns tab, and then reduce the number of columns or the size of the columns.
The total width of the report, including margins and the three-across labels, is greater than the width of the page.
The message is a warning and you can safely ignore it. You should not experience any loss of data when you print the labels.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
The label dimensions for certain Avery labels were modified in Access 2002 to be the Avery standard. In addition, certain labels may have a left margin that is smaller than what is allowed by many printer drivers. As a result, depending on the printer that you are using, the report may be created with a margin larger than the actual label.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
CAUTION: If you follow the steps in this example, you modify the sample database Northwind.mdb. You may want to back up the Northwind.mdb file and follow these steps on a copy of the database.
1. Start Access, and then open the sample database Northwind.mdb or the sample project NorthwindCS.adp.
2. In the Database window, click Reports under Objects, and then click New.
3. In the New Report dialog box, click Label Wizard, click the arrow in the Choose the table or query where the object's data comes from box, click Customers, and then click OK.
4. On the first page of the wizard, click Sheet Feed under Label Type, click the arrow in the Filter by manufacturer box, and then click Avery.
5. Under product number, click 5260, and then click Next.
6. On the next page of the wizard, leave the font and color at the default settings, and then click Next.
7. On the next page of the wizard, under What would you like on your mailing label?, add the following fields to the Prototype label box, and then click Next: NOTE: Press ENTER in the Prototype label box when you want to start a new line.
City, Region PostalCode
8. On the next page of the wizard, click Next.
9. On the next page of the wizard, click Finish. Note that you receive the warning message that is described in the "Symptoms" section of this article.