When I install it on one computer in my office, it won't display accented characters. On several other computers, it displays fine. I've checked everything I could think of. Things I have tried:
1. I made sure the same font was used in the app is the same for each computer. It is currently set to Verdana.
2. I checked the charset on each computer... they are all the same. Font.CharSet = 0 (ANSI) on all computers.
3. I checked the codepage on each computer using the GetACP api function. All are the same and set to 1252 - ANSI Latin; Western European (Windows).
There are various operating systems involved, including Windows 7, Windows XP, Server 2008R2, and Windows 10. The misbehaving computer in running Windows 7.
When I install my app on the misbehaving computer, the accented characters do not show properly. When I run the application from another computer on the misbehaving computer, the accented characters show properly. Specifically, on the misbehaving computer, if I browse to \\server-compile\c\ApplicationFolder and execute application.exe, the accented characters are displayed properly. I find this odd because it is the same executable and the same dll's.
I am storing the phrases in a Microsoft SQL Server database. Each computer and applications are connected to the same database.
I don't know what else to look at to try to figure out this problem.