x3400 7975 Video Card?
x3400 7975 Video Card?
Thinking power might be an issue, i removed one CPU, one hdd, the Optical Drive, as well as COM2. I have gone so far as to pull out my old USB Floppy and 1.44 disks to flash and update, from the beginning, the ServeRaid and BIOS.
- 1 Power Supply ~ i believe it's 835w
- 1 CPU 2 GHz Xeon e5405 ( 4 core )
- 16 GB RAM
- Severaid 8k SATA
- 2x 15k-rpm 73GB SAS Hdds
- 1 HIS Radeon ( ATI/AMD ) HD 5450 Pci-e x1 Video Card installed in slot 2. Drivers are on the Windows 8 Disc
- ATI ES1000 / RN 50, on-board video bios cannot be disabled.
- Keyboard, Mouse, Optical, and Sound are All through the powered USB 2.0 hub built into the monitor
- Monitor Dell w/4 port usb 2.0 ~ connected through DVI
- 1 - PCIe x8 (x4) 25w
- 2 - PCIe x8 25w
- 3 - PCIe x8 25w
- 4 - PCI-x 2.0 133mhz x64
- 5 - PCI-x 2.0 133mhz x64
- 6 - PCI
- PATA, SATA, COM's, Parallel ports are all disabled.
- RAM is set to Interweave, the onboard Planar Nic, USB, and SAS are enabled; everything else is disabled.
- For the PCI-e slots, only the first 3 get loaded at boot ( i'm pretty sure i can disable slots one and three, but meh... )... i put the video card into slot 1, but the system clearly didn't like it - nic, onboard video, and the external card were all the same irq and it didn't like it i'm guessing... so at slot 2, the card is auto assigned to irq 10 ( nic and video are irq 5, usb 9 ).
- Set to SATA, i'd like Raid 0
- Format Drives through Severaid, reboot
- Init, Verify
- Create RAID 0, Verify, Shutdown after full restart
- Attach Optical Drive to USB and put the Windows Disc In
- Install Windows
- Upon 1st reboot of windows, i get a blank screen
I can tell you, if i attach an analog cable between my monitor and the onboard video slot, no matter what, the monitor shows through the video card only. It will switch between DVI and Analog upon reboots w/o issue. Formatting both drives takes 50 minutes, each verify takes 30 Minutes, and Windows is about 20 minutes ~ a 3 hr process Please give me at least a day between trials.
So it's a windows problem right? Am i missing something? Should i change some settings somewhere? Do you need more info? Any thoughts? Should i get a new video card? Is this possible?