td1019 (IS/IT--Management) (OP)
31 Aug 12 10:25
Found the answer:
Before you begin
Log on to WebLM Home.
About this task
To reset the admin WebLM password, replace the existing user data file with the default WebLM
user data file.
When you replace the existing file with the default file, you lose all existing user data. You
only have the default user data for the admin user. You must add the data of the previously
existing users again from the WebLM Web interface.
1. Stop Tomcat.
When Tomcat stops, applications deployed on the server that host Tomcat stop
2. Replace the existing Users.xml file with the default Users.xml file that you
extracted from the WebLM.war file located in the following directories:
• On a Linux system, $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/WebLM/admin
• On a Windows system, %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\WebLM\admin
3. Start Tomcat.
4. On the log-in page, provide the following credentials: User Name = admin and
Password = weblmadmin.
5. At the system prompt, change the password and log in to the WebLM again using
the new password.
6. To add a new user to WebLM, on the WebLM Web interface, click Manage users
and follow the instructions provided in Adding a new user on page 43.
The system prompts the new user to change the password on the first login.