Whenever I try to restore a file from tape I get following error:
Final error: 0xe000130a - The NDMP server returned a restore error.
See the NDMP Log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors
Our media server is running Win2008 64bit Standard. Our filers are NetApp devices running OnTap v18.104.22.168 and we are using NDMP to backup. Network is via an HP Procurve Gigabit switch.
When I look at the NDMP log that is within the BE Job log I see:
NDMP Log Message: RESTORE: Mon Dec 5 16:22:35 2011 : We have read 747313 KB from the backup.
NDMP Log Message: Mover encountered internal read error.
NDMP Mover Halted: Internal Error
NDMP Data Halted: Aborted
NDMP Log Message: Aborted by client
If I look at the log created by the BE Debug Monitor I find:
- BEWSNdmpMover: ProcessReadRequest returned error 258
- BEWSNdmpMover: Mover halting. ndmpError = 7, internal_error = 258, mover_halt_reason = INTERNAL_ERROR
- BEWSNdmpMover: Switching state ACTIVE ==> HALTED
- BEWSNdmpMover: Mover halted.
- NDMP Log Message: Mover encountered internal read error
- NDMP Notify Mover halted: Internal Error.
- NDMP Notify Data Halted: Aborted
This is a redirected restore to an NDMP device of the same make/model/OS version etc.
I have been through all the steps mentioned inhttp://www.symantec.com/docs/tech166340
but still not workiing.
Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?