24 May 10 4:42
In our company we are planning migration from W2K3 SCSi to W2K8 SAS cluster solution. That is why, we need a new, cheap TEST environment.
I attached the image which shows our current TEST environment. It is Cluster of servers based on W2K3 (with the quorum on SHARED disks).
From the physical point of view all we have:
1. Two disks.
2. Two SCSI controllers connected with disks.
3. Two SCSI controllers connected via PCIe to servers (one controller per server)
4. Two external cables which connect server SCSI controllers with Disk controllers.
5. One internal cable which connects disks with SCSI controllers.
So, my question is how to migrate it to SAS (from the physcial point of view), so the disks will be shared for both servers:
1. What disks do we need?
2. What/how many controllers do we need?
3. What/how many cables do we need?
4. How to connect this equipment?
It would be great if somebody give us links for examplary equipment which we need to configure this test environment.
We are completly new for SAS technology and we want to make sure we spend money for the equipment which will work as we expect.
(Please notice again that we migrate from w2k3 to w2k8).