4 Mar 10 9:53
Windows 2003 Standard
Simpana 7.0 SP5 all updates
Originally I called in to Commvault for services not starting automatically after reboot.
Was told to uninstall all updates which takes SP5 with it.
I did that and rebooted. Services still did not start auto so I reinstalled all updates.
When my afternoon aux copy jobs started they all failed immediately with a partial success msg in the log files.
Last night 85% of backup jobs were pending with various indexing messages. Some say "Error Code: [14:98]
Description: Index processing on MediaAgent [cdnbwcv1*cdnbwcv1*8400*8402] failed because of a protocol error."
Some are "Unable to connect back to "client" to create index."
This all worked prior to uninstalling and reinstalling.
Any thoughts. Commvault wants me to try this which I will but doesn't seem quite right
To troubleshoot this issue, could you please try the below steps.
1. Go to the Index Cache tab on the Media Agent properties.
2. Selected another temporary location for the index cache and clicked OK.
3. It will prompt to copy the contents to the new location. Clicked No
4. Once this location is saved, got back to the Index Cache tab on the Media Agent and put the old index cache location back in.
5. It will prompt that the index cache is from the wrong period, do you want to use it anyway. Choose yes.
6. It will then prompt to copy the contents to the new location. Clicked No
7. Kill the job & start it again.