13 Jun 08 15:03
Hello! I am trying to put together a "mirror" of our existing Pervasive v8 database so I can develop an application with "real" data and not cause any issues.
Here's what I've done:
- I installed the Pervasive engine & hotfixes to my laptop (PCC shows v8.00.114.000).
- Copied the data files (2 folders worth, about 17gb) and DDF files to the laptop. The entire folder structure is identical to the server, including the drive letter.
- In PCC, I created a new database. I entered the same database name, the location of the DDF's, and via advanced settings I created a new "database name". In here I added the two folders where the actual tables were located locally.
When I go to review the database in PCC I find all of the tables and am able to open an SQL query window and return data with no troubles.
Here are the issues I've come across:
1) When looking at the properties of any table, it shows nothing in "table location", and all statistics from "File Version" down list "no file"...
2) I cannot review or modify the indexes on any table, as the index list comes up empty. There should be at least one index on each table.
I noticed that the file version reported on the X$File system table is 8.0 on the laptop, but the production server shows 7.0. When I open that system table it only shows the 3 default entries (for the File, Field & Index DDF's), instead of the listing of all of my tables.
I suspect that the reported DDF version is causing the issue. I've tried stopping the pervasive engines and re-copying the DDF's, but that did not make a difference.
Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere, or any insight on this issue?
I greatly appreciate any tips someone may have, thanks in advance!