No the thing is rvnguy, this SATA hard drive worked correctly when I set this up for the first time. Meaning it got detected at 153 GBytes capcity in Windows Disk Management and 164 GBits in BIOS iniitally. I used to run Windows XP (32 bit) with SP2 then without any problems ! And it was only when i got a copy of Windows 64 bit and I wanted to try it out on ma AMD64, I had to let my system boot using the DVD Writer, which was unfortunately a total mess up with BIOS.
Following this soup with RAID and BIOS as mentioned in my other post I have noticed that the hard drive reports only 128 GBytes in Windows Disk Managemnt and as 137.44 GBits in BIOS, currently.
Forget the RAID mess I have done. Now I am prepared to low level format my SATA hard drive and recover the lost space, which is 153 Gigabytes in full capcacity as recorded when I built this system initially about 6 weeks back. Tht's the sole intention of posting this problem on a new thread . I did the formatting once and also erased the boot sector as per the Hitachi DFT software. But still the BIOS reports the same 137 Gigabit capcaity. I've even tried resetting the BIOS ermoving the batt and shorting the pins. But that hasn't helped either. I have also used "write zeros" function using Western Digital Data Lifegaurd software. Even that hasn't helped either. Im goin to try using Partition Magic, maybe it would detect something at least.
And also, I dont see why we should check if it is a Windows error. I mean if the BIOS also reports a loss in capacity that is 137 GBits, why shud we bother to check if it's a Windows error. Also I shud mention that I screwed and played around with the BIOS during the same installation of the previous 32 bit Windows XP SP2 and the change in size or cacpatiy occured just instanlty, i.e. i didn't reinstal;l windows for it to occur.
PLEASE I want to get this thing over during the weekend itself, therefore i really apprecitae your help and concern.
Thanx in advance.