The I-Series navigator is used to modify connections to the AS400. The application can be significantly slowed down by anti-virus programs such as McAfee.
The following will show simple steps to vastly improve the performance of this application in this environment.
1) Right mouse click on the My Computer Icon and select ôManageö . On the left select Services and search the right pane for McAfee framework and stop the service.
2) On the taskbar in the system tray right mouse click on the McAfee icon, and select VirusScan Console.
3) Select ôUnlock User Interfaceö using the appropriate password if locked
4) Select the ôOn-Access Scannerö by Right-mouse clicking on it, then select Properties.
5) Select the All Process icon then the Detection tab
6) Select the Exclusions button at the bottom right
7) A new window will open labeled ôSet Exclusionsö Scan on the left under the ôItemö heading for C:\program Files\IBM or wherever the Client Access program is installed on the PC. If it is not listed press the Add button.
8) Browse to the appropriate folder and select OK
9) Continue to press OK until you are back at the Virus Scan Console, Press on the Tools menu and select ôLock User Interfaceö.
10) Right mouse click on the My Computer Icon and select ôManageö . On the left select Services and search the right pane for McAfee framework and restart the service.
11) On the Start menu browse to the i-series Navigator icon and launch the program.