INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...Compliments on a fantastic web site. I have learned so much from my threads and even if sometimes I cannot solve the problem, it gives me the reassurance that I am not the only one putting up with it!..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
Basic Norstar Programming
Programming manual night services
Posted: 13 Jun 03
Programming Manual Night Services
The following settings will enable the attendant (receptionist) to answer all calls during the day. These calls will ring at this station until answered. At night the attendant will press the NIGHT SVC button and the AA will then answer the lines.
This section instructs you on creating the ringing group, assigning the night service to manual control and assigning which extension will be the control set.
1. Feature * * 266344
2. Password: 266344
3. Terminals & Sets
4. Select NEXT to SERVICES, show, RINGING SERVICES, show RINGING GROUP, show. Enter 001 for the Ringing Group. Press SHOW. At the SHOW SET prompt select SCAN. Extension 221 is, by default, assigned to every ringing group. UNASSIGN it. Then press FIND. At the SHOW SET prompt enter the first station port of the voicemail. Do not assign any other ports, just the first port. This can be found by entering FEATURE 985 which displays the first voicemail port.
5. Go back to RINGING GROUP and NEXT to SCHEDULE: NIGHT and select SHOW.
6. Service should be set to MANUAL (the default is OFF). Then press NEXT to TRUNK ANSWER make sure it is set to YES.
7. Then select HEADING and return to SERVICES and SHOW. Press NEXT to COMMON SETTINGS, press SHOW. At the CONTROL SET prompt, press SHOW. Make sure that the Control Set for each line is set to the extension you want to have the Night Button.
8. Then go to the assigned control extension and press FEATURE * 3, press an available button, dial the night service FEATURE 871 feature code. That is now the night button.
If you want the Auto Attendant to pick up unanswered calls during the day then simply go under Feature 983, Log in. AA – Lines – Set to answer AA or Y. Then Press Table – Rings. Set the rings to however many you desire. Make sure you hit * and go back to Lines for each line so that you can set them to answer AA or Y.
Back to Nortel: Norstar systems FAQ Index
Back to Nortel: Norstar systems Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close