INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS
FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
Come Join Us!
Are you a
Computer / IT professional?
Join Tek-Tips now!
- Talk With Other Members
- Be Notified Of Responses
To Your Posts
- Keyword Search
- One-Click Access To Your
- Automated Signatures
On Your Posts
- Best Of All, It's Free!
*Tek-Tips's functionality depends on members receiving e-mail. By joining you are opting in to receive e-mail.
Partner With Us!
"Best Of Breed" Forums Add Stickiness To Your Site
(Download This Button Today!)
"...I just wanted to say that you guys RULE, a million thank you's to whoever created, and/or manages this site. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..."
Where in the world do Tek-Tips members come from?
How to change logon screen background in Home and Pro
Posted: 16 Oct 02
1. Click Start > click Run > type regedit > and click OK.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
3. In the details pane (right-side), double-click the Wallpaper string value item.
4. In Value data , type the path and name of the picture or background, and then click OK .
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you specify the path correctly to the Background. And that it is a Bitmap!
You have now changed the logon Background.
This will take effect when you logoff.
Back to Microsoft: Windows XP Pro FAQ Index
Back to Microsoft: Windows XP Pro Forum
Join Tek-Tips® Today!
Join your peers on the Internet's largest technical computer professional community.
It's easy to join and it's free.
Here's Why Members Love Tek-Tips Forums:
- Talk To Other Members
- Notification Of Responses To Questions
- Favorite Forums One Click Access
- Keyword Search Of All Posts, And More...
Register now while it's still free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.
Join Us Close