Announcements are the prerecorded greetings heard by callers as they navigate the phone system. They can be modified, as business requirements demand change.
YYYY represents the variable for the extension being modified
Commands used: Cha sta yyyy û Used on the switch to change a stationÆs parameters (COS must be changed for these actions) Cha ann û Used to change an announcementÆs parameters. (Protection must be removed for these actions)
Notes: * Select a quiet area to make the recordings. * Identify a phone in that area. * Write down what you want the announcement to say before you begin recording. * Keep the announcement clear and concise. * Do NOT Use a speaker phone to record.
1) Identify the phone where you will be recording announcements
2) On the switch type cha sta yyyy to change that stationÆs COS to 0 (note what the COS was to change it back once complete)
3) Type cha ann to remove the protection from the announcements you wish to rerecord.
4) From the phone identified dial 140 yyyy 1, after the tone begin recording your new announcement.
* Press the # key when finished recording. * You may listen to the message after recording by dialing the extension (yyyy) from any phone.
5) Once you are satisfied with the recordings change the protection on the announcements and the COS on the station used for recording.